After a gingival graft
- Do not smoke for a period of at least 3 days.
- The green wax in the palate should fall within the first 24 hours, but it can stay in place longer without any problems.
- If there is bleeding in the palate, apply pressure with either a compress or a wet tea bag for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- The green wax covering the gum graft must remain in place for at least two days; however, keeping it in place for 5 to 7 days is ideal.
- The wax might fall before or stay in place until the next appointment.
- It may be necessary to return to remove the sutures.
- If there is swelling or extreme pain, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Painkillers are prescribed after the procedure; it is recommended to take them before the effect of the local anesthesia ceases.
- You should avoid drinking with a straw to avoid negative pressure in the mouth. Avoid taking hot bath for the first day.