After having a crown or bridge
Two appointments are needed to install conventional crowns or bridges. At your first visit, we make an impression of the tooth or teeth to be treated. Then, we install a temporary crown or bridge to protect your teeth until the permanent crown or bridge is ready.
On the day of the procedure
- Take the medication prescribed to you, as needed
Things to avoid
- Do not drink hot liquids when you’re under local anesthesia
- Do not eat sticky or hard foods (chewing gum, candy, etc.)
- Chew on the other side of your mouth
Recommendations for use with the temporary crown or bridge
- Brush your teeth as you normally would, but be careful when flossing so that the temporary crown or bridge doesn’t fall off
- If the temporary crown or bridge comes off, come and see us so that we can cement it back into place. The purpose of the temporary crown is to prevent other teeth from moving and ensure that your permanent crown can be seated properly.
If you experience pain or have questions, please contact us at 450-349-3368